Home Forums WiFi Forum WiFi Security Problems Forum Topic Discussion on TBWI Community

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Igor Bartolic 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Igor Bartolic
    Keymaster

WiFi Security Problems Forum. Which problems did you have because bad WiFi Security in your home network? Join discussions on TBWI Community.

WiFi_Freak
    Participant

I have setup the security with WPA-PSK, with very tricky password (non dictionary). I also added MAC filtering security where I added MACs from all my devices, so only I can login to my WiFi network.

Sandra
    Participant

I have the setting on WiFi router which was setup from my ISP.

It has some strange network name and some tough password

This security when you add the list of devices which could join your network is sooo stupid.

When some one come to your home and want to join the network, you need to configure the router to enable them to join …. so stupid

Igor Bartolic
    Keymaster

We need to find the balance between the level of security and convenience. There should be security which disables most of the threats. But, if that security level requires too many user interventions, it is not the best option.
    All these depends on the type of users and their needs.

WiFi_Freak
    Participant

Have you heard that WPA2 isn’t 100% secure anymore

Check here

WiFi_Freak
    Participant

Check also video about WPA2 WiFi security threat

WiFi_Freak
    Participant

Public Wi-Fi Security Risks As Fast As Possible

Igor Bartolic
    Keymaster

Thank you very much WiFi freak for your contribution. You have give us very valuable information here

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.